Loan Periods for Materials
- Books (Except for Hot Picks)
- Music CDs
- Hot Picks
- Roku 1 Devices
- DVDs (Except for New, 3 renewals if no holds)
- Wii, WiiU, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 Games (limit 3)
- Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor
If you are not finished with an item by its due date, you may renew that item as long as it not a "Hot Pick", a "New" feature film, or a video game, and it has not been requested by someone else. Playaways, CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs, DVDs (not new), and devices (Kill A Watt) and Roku 1 Devices may be renewed once if there are no holds on the item. Other materials (books, magazines, music, CDs, audiobooks) may be renewed up to three times if there are no holds on the item. Renewals may be made in person at the circulation desk, over the phone by calling 847.590.8706, or online through the Library Catalog's My Account option. You should have your library card in hand as well as the items that you wish to renew.
Getting a new library card
It takes just a few minutes to get a library card. Residents of the library district need to present a current photo ID or a piece of mail showing their current address. A parent's signature is required for members under the age of 18. All members must sign the computer policy agreement form if they want to use the computers. Members under the age of 18 must have their parents come to the library and sign the policy form in order for them to use the computers. Resident cards are valid for three years and are accepted at all surrounding public libraries.
We're Now Fine Free
Library users will no longer pay fines for returning materials after their due date!
If you need a few extra days to finish that book, no problem! Didn’t quite finish that last disk of a TV Series you’re catching up on? No worries – keep it a few more days.
You will still see a due date on your receipt when you borrow items, and that’s because yes, we do want them back. Everyone still needs to return items and keep them in good condition for the next borrower. Previous overdue fines will be waived. Other fees such as fees for lost or damaged items will not be waived.
Please note these important changes to our Check-Out Policy:
- -You will still get reminder notices when an item is due for return to the library
- -If something is more than 2 weeks overdue, you will be unable to check out or use digital services until the item is returned
- -If an item is more than 45 days past due, your library card account will be billed the replacement cost for your item. At this time a nonrefundable $9 fee may be assessed.You may either return the item or pay the bill to replace it.
- -We will still charge for lost or damaged items, so please take care of them
- -If you locate a lost item within 30 days after paying to replace it, you may receive a refund
These steps ensure that everyone still returns their items in a timely manner, and other people will have access to them.
We look forward to a more seamless experience and serving you with no more overdue fines!